Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Parish Walk - It's Close!

Thank you so much to those that have sponsored us.  The Penny Brohn Cancer Care Centre is such a worthy cause.  The kindness you have all shown will spur us both on in the Parish Walk this coming Saturday.
Training in TT Week..... Lots of bikes!
We've been doing six to eight mile walks every other day.  Peppered with 10 mile walks. 

The two long walks, a 22 mile and a 25 mile walk left us feeling pretty tired and painful..... So whatever we manage on Saturday is going to leave us in bits no doubt!

Blisters are the ruination of every walker.  Many of the entrants like to load up on painkillers for the final few hours, but we intend to stay painkiller free.  If the pain is too much, it's time to stop.  The pain will have to be pretty intense to make me stop.... Especially with one of my fishing buddies (Cam) sponsoring me £1 per mile.  He told me if I make it past Rushen Parish (20 miles), he will 'clip' me in his van to halt my progress along with the ever increasing hole in his wallet!  Ha ha!

The weather isn't looking too sharp at the moment, with a fair bit of rain forecast.... plus a stiff 20 mph west to south west wind.  Lovely!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment