Friday 29 July 2011

My Wonderful Friday Off..... Not this week!

Well where I said I love Friday's I'd like to take it back.  It is currently the worst day of the week.
The juicing, the soup (including a visit to stupid Tescos to pick up organic celery and leeks to make the soup) work and the arrival of the organic fruit and veg.... I delivered boxes to the outskirts of Banbury this morning too, with the promise
 of further custom, which is great.  I finally sat my arse down on the stall at 3pm.... 7am until 3pm.... that's a fair stint of hectic-ness by anyone's standards.  Now I intend to man the stall and sort out some of my Financial Advisory work.  Sigh.....
Amanda went off to Lucy's 'Spa Day', where all the girls gather around a table, in their skimpies dousing one another with oil, then massaging gently..... I think that's what happens.... No.... I'm sure that's what happens!
She left the house in a stinking upset mood, apparently due to me.  But hopefully she will think about what she was doing, and what she said, and come round to my way of thinking  -  I'm owed an apology....  Sorry my love, but you came out with some utter twaddle, you word twisting wife you.
Anyway, I still love her, so we're ok..... She may not love me.... But she may.... So for know I'm ok.....Ha ha!

When I speak to friends they don't seem to have gotten a grasp as to what the Gerson Cancer Treatment is actually doing.  It's not curing cancer.  This regime has been used against a plethora of chronic illnesses over past 60 years or so.  It simply works on detoxifying the bodies systems, cleaning all the crap out, all the while building up the immune system to maximum power.  Remember our bodies (well white blood cells, T-Cells, NK Cells etc) our constantly fighting germs, bacteria.... and.... Dah dah dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... little cancer cells.  So if our immune system fails for one reason or another, we can no longer defend against these little mutated delinquents.  When our immune systems are firing on all cylinders, we're laughing.....
This is of course only one part of Amanda's cancer fighting regime.  The other is the calming the mind from anxiety, helplessness, sadness.... call it what you will.  Recent studies on people suffering from long term depression and other forms of mental anguish have clearly demonstrated a positive correlation between these people and their likelihood to suffer from one form of cancer or another.  I'm looking pretty good for not suffering..... though the last few months have been testing to say the least!  I've always been a happy go lucky, fairly content soul, and not many worries.  Now, newly improved (in a 'Cillit Bang' advert voice) with a 99% tremendous organic vegan diet!  BOOOOM!!!  Am I wasting away?  Nope!  Lost about three quarters of a stone from barely boozing, and cutting out all processed white sugar and flour..... other than that I'm a power house of a man!  I AM!!!!  Ha ha!  Are we trying to preach to others, people we care about to follow our lead?  Are we heck as like, we love you all dearly, but there's as much chance of convincing you lot to change eating habits formed over a lifetime, as my Dad stopping going down his local pub for a drink or two during the week.  It ain't gonna happen.  Everyone should make their own informed choices. 
Piss in your petrol tank and your car won't run efficiently, in fact it will pack in,.  Yes it will still look fine on the outside, but under the bonnet, that's where things will be going wrong.  Some cars will run on piss, mine probably would..... Not so sure this is a great analogy?  I could have come up with something much better.... But I'm tired.
There was a baby across the street crying all bloody night.  This didn't keep me awake, but meant I had to close the windows as it was keeping Amanda awake.  This meant the bedroom became stuffy and hot..... I don't do stuffy hot bedrooms, so at 1.30am I left for the spare room.... On the short walk to the spare room I woke up.... I tried to remain semi conscious, but I lost it when my bare foot impacted on something sharp.... Probably a bear trap or something.... I clambered into bed... no doubt bleeding perfusively.... and tried to sleep.  Trying to sleep is the worst thing you can do, as really it should be an effortless past time.  Ah well, when I stopped trying, I eventually dropped off, then the bloody alarm went off.  Everything, bar the alarm going off, was the crying baby's fault..... He (or she) better watch out!  Ha ha! ZZZZzzzzzzz zzzz zzzzz.

Sorry dropped off there.

Some people even seem to have Fairtrade and Organic confused?  'Oh, it's Fairtrade, should be fine for Amanda to eat.' Why's that then?  Just because the farmers and workers get a fair wage, it's ok for Amanda to start taking in foods which are treated with chemicals to keep the vast crops insect or fungus free?  No, no.  Yes, it's lovely that the workers are getting the pay they deserve for their produce, but Fairtrade does not mean the products have not been treated with carcinogenic chemicals (read the earlier posts about all the substances currently used to 'protect our foodstuffs' or keep us smelling nice or looking nice etc etc.).  It may seem craaaaaaaaaaaazy, slightly insane, a little over the top to believe that organic food is healthier, but it obviously is?  When I joked about selling non organic produce, ie. treating ours with a good spray of 'Raid' flyspray, then presenting it on a bed of slug pellets, you wouldn't dream of eating this or feeding it to your families...... But we've all been doing it for years haven't we?  I just wish I'd been less ignorant over the years with regards to nutrition.  Really they should be teaching it in schools, and I don't mean a Home Ec. class that shows you how to cook scones.  Rather how to prepare really healthy meals, tell the kids what foods have which vitamins in, which enzymes.  What we should be eating.  I have no doubt it will eventually happen, especially as we are careering into a cancer epidemic.  Studies suggest that within the next 10 to 15 years, 1 in 2 of us will suffer from one sort of cancer or another over the course of our lifetimes.... That's scary.  You only have to start speaking to people and everyone knows someone close or at least fairly close to them that has suffered from cancer.  What's doing it?  A neighbour and friend yesterday, suggested that it's because we are living longer..... Not the case though is it?  More and more younger women are being diagnosed with breast cancer, colon cancer etc.... More and more younger men too.  So it's not an age related issue at all.  Is it simply something in the air?  All the pollution certainly doesn't help.  Is it something in the water?  There are alot of chemicals put into our water.... but you'd like to think not.  Saying that I will always have a home filter fitted under the sink where ever we live from now on.  Especially having got Thames Water to tell us what is in the water.... I didn't know what half of it was.... but there was plenty of it.... I was hoping it was just water!  Ha ha!  Is it the everyday increased stress levels the majority of us suffer from due to work loads, and the more hectic way of life we now lead?  Suicides are more common, depression is more common, mental breakdowns are more common..... Life can be hard.  Finally is it what we eat?
I have no doubt that all of the above play a part in how healthy we are.  Is it possible to stay on top of everything?  Probably not.  But what we can control, we should.  We should endeavour to take care of our bodies, and what we put in them.  What work stresses we put our minds under, what money worries we suffer.  We should avoid pollution where we can.... We can even do our bit for the environment.  All the normal 'gubbins', you know what I'm talking about.

I suppose in the end it all comes down to how much we love ourselves and the people around us.  This will help us decide how we live our lives, how long we want to live on this awesome planet.  Excusing natural disasters and accidents of course, we have control of our own lives, we can make our own choices..... or we can all live in blissful ignorance...... if it is blissful.

oooooooooooooooooooooh, that sounded sinister!  Ha ha!

It wasn't though, but just think about it.
I want you all to live long, healthy fun filled lives, I'm going to, so it seems unfair for you lot not to!

Bye xxx

PS.  I haven't even read through this, it may be worded badly, there may even be a spelling mistake or two.  The punctuation will no doubt be dire too...... but there is someone at the stall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment