Tuesday 16 August 2011

All is good!

We've had a great week.
According to our GP, Amanda's blood tests have shown improvements for her liver function, and everything is looking fine and dandy blood wise.
The Gerson Practitioner also seems happy with the results.  All in all great news.
Sadly this changes nothing!  Ha ha!  Amanda is still on her restricted regime, and the juicing ploughs on regardless. Amanda is sticking to Gerson's Therapy where she can, unless of course we are away on a weekend, or as she is this week, at Penny Brohn.  She still dines on organic goodness, but
 there is less huge salad and raw produce, and it's not the same diet as the Gerson Plan.  This time though the Penny Brohn Centre is letting Amanda do juices in their kitchen, which is great!  She was delighted that they were allowing her do this, as on previous occasions they would not permit her to bring the juicer. 
This week she is participating in a 'Retreat into Stillness', which I'm guessing will involve alot of meditation and soul searching.  Peaceful I reckon, like fishing for a few days.  I hope she enjoys it.
She decided to put all her supplements and vitamins into one tub for our weekend to Cardiff to see Carl & Kate Anne (who may I add always go so far out of their way to accommodate Amanda's cancer fighting therapy, it's wonderful.  Thank you both so much.) this weekend just gone.  The tablets are all different sizes and colours, so we know them pretty well.  I say that, but then I got them slightly mixed up with the first morning juice of the day, and Amanda ended up taking 3000mg of Niacin instead of 1000mg.  I didn't expect to see too much of an affect to be quite honest.  That was until she started burning up!  Usually with one Niacin, you can experience what's known as a Niacin Flush.  The tiny capillaries under the skin dilate and the you may get a experience a reddening effect, Amanda gets it on the insides of her arms.  On this occasion though she just glowed red, and began to overheat considerably.  She sat outside on the patio step, and became rather anxious at her predicament.  Her arms went totally red, then her chest, then her face.  She was positively glowing, but not in a good way.  She was also experiencing a slight tightness across the chest.  As I approached the 'Ready Brek' lady sat on the patio step, I tried to make little of the situation, remaining calm, so as not to panic her any more than she was already.  She went upstairs to meditate to get a grip on her anxiety and panic, and to be away from me  -  not that she blamed me (she did a bit) but the fact that I seemed a little uncaring, and not very sorry over what I'd done.  I wasn't meant to come across this way, but as I said I didn't want to worry her anymore than need be..... It wasn't really my fault either!  I researched 'Niacin Overdose' online, and it stated if there was any serious chest pain, or difficulty breathing or the increase in temperature didn't reduce fairly quickly to seek medical help.  As it happened, after about half an hour, she started feeling better.... Thank God!  Sorry babe, didn't mean to poison you xxx.  I skipped her next Niacin an hour later!
On the Saturday we went to watch an international friendly rugby match, Wales vs England at the Millenium Stadium.  Wales won, so as you can imagine, the atmosphere was pretty good.  Myself, Carl & Alex (Carl's brother) cooked up an organic Indian based feast on the Saturday evening, whilst listening to some great tunes.  Sunday we walked in the countryside and then went to Boulders.  This is an indoor climbing venue, high walls and bouldering walls to clamber about on.  It was great fun.  Amanda was awesome.  She was fearless, agile and looked fantastic from below!  Ha ha!  She was like a little gecko scampering up the wall.  A vegan, ninja gecko! A sexy, vegan, ninja gecko!  Ha ha!  I'm still hurting today from climbing on Sunday, you use muscles you didn't know you had!
Apart from the odd overdose, Amanda also suffers shooting pain where her right breast once was.... I don't mean in my left hand either, how could she suffer pain in my hand!  I mean on her chest.  I think it's most likely to be little nerve endings firing off, I hope it settles down soon for her. 
Robyn has decided to come home early (on Thursday) from Ibiza, after paying for her flight to be changed twice to ensure she got there earlier than originally planned. I've been sorting out her transfer from Stansted to Banbury.  Hopefully a few months of living with others, and having to put up with peoples untidiness and inconsideration will have had a positive effect on her. I've got my fingers crossed!  If she can be considerate to Amanda's current situation and the fact that she needs as little stress as possible, then that will be wonderful.  Rob will then be off to University three weeks later.  I keep reminding Amanda that Robyn is now a young adult, only a few weeks away from being twenty years old.  She has shown that she can take care of herself after being in Ibiza all Summer.  The only thing she could do with, is getting to grips with managing her money, and realising how hard money can be to come by!  Rob will do well, and she'll learn as she goes along.  She's headstrong, and I'm sure she'll succeed in everything she wants to succeed in if she's willing to put in the hard work and commitment.
It's quiet around here without my wife, I miss her.  You'd have thought I'd have been out fishing, but I haven't had time, which seems strange.  I do have football training tonight though, which should blow the cobwebs off me.
Last night I made a massive organic 3 bean chili.  I baked two big spuds and guzzled the lot.  It was smashing.  I did miss the salad though.  I will make up for that tonight.  I've even gone out and bought some organic carrots for some fresh juices for me.  Just because Amanda's not here doesn't mean I simply revert back to the easy way  -  that would be careless and stupid.  Am I not worth taking care of?  Of course I am!  I'm an organic fruit and veg munching mentalist...... and I love it.... though it's bloody time consuming! 
If I think of anything else of interest, I'll blog it.  I feel slightly distracted, it must be because I feel I should be doing the five o'clock juice and preparing dinner with Amanda.  Miss you love, hope you are at one with your body, mind and soul x.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment