Monday 24 June 2013

The Parish Walk & Isle of Man Healers....

Hi folks, just me.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Parish Walk fundraiser for Hospice.  I haven't tallied everything up yet but I reckon we'll be over £1,700.00!  Nice!

Kate-Anne 906 spots a jelly sweet
on the ground.... She loves jelly sweets!
 I decided to try for Peel with my almost healed injury, but then after reaching Peel 24 minutes ahead of last year, I had myself convinced that my limp was purely imagination!  That my anterior tibialis tendon was fine and dandy..... 15 minutes later having checked through Peel rather than finishing there, I could no longer deny the presence of an inflamed tendon.  I limped on towards the next check point at Kirk Michael, which should have taken me about 90 minutes.   Instead it took 110 minutes, I was in agony.  Early retirement.
On a high note Carl & Kate-Anne (who travelled from Wales to come and see us, and have a crack at 'walking') aimed for Peel and romped in to their target destination 15 minutes after I'd passed through.



Jane (Amanda's sister) on the other hand, raced to Peel arriving at quarter past three (I got there at 4pm and was well chuffed!), then proceeded to walk on through the night, crossing the line with her partner Julie at 4.21am!!!  Awesome or what?!
They decided to walk the entire PW like this....
So they couldn't see how far they had to go!!!!!

They only just missed out on the most improved time by a mere 12 minutes.  They completed the Parish Walk in 20 hours and 20 minutes.  Insane!  Well done ladies.

This week I have witnessed so much kindness.  On Thursday evening a group of 7 island based healers got together to channel their healing energy through Amanda's tiny frame.  They arrived at 7pm and remained until almost 9pm.  These generous, kind souls gave up their time free of charge just to try and help Amanda.  That in itself exudes positive energy and emotions for me.  They performed Reiki and Quantum Touch healing.  Since Thursday, two have already returned to give Amanda further healing sessions.  Isn't it just wonderful that there are
people out there willing to give up their own recreational time, their own family time to try to help others like this.  Absolutely selfless.  I can only stand back and admire such actions.

We have also had Amanda's Mum (Colleen) and her Aunty (Linda) around for the weekend, running around after everyone.  Making tea, cooking food, washing up.... everything and anything, thank you both so much.  They also covered me, and took care of Amanda (as they always do) whilst I partook in the Parish Walk.
My Mum & Titch both offered well prepared support for the ongoing stages of the walk from Peel onwards.  It was brief support, but very intense!  Ha ha!  Thanks so much to you both for being there for me.

Today we returned to the Hyperbaric Chamber.  To help Amanda's anxiety of enclosed spaces, things over her face and strangers with things over their faces I jumped in too.  I helped with her mask and this time, as there was room, convinced her to lie down.  As the pressure in the chamber increased Amanda and I, plus the two more mature ladies, equalised the pressure in our ears by holding our noses and blowing.  As the pressure increased I continued trying to make Amanda comfortable.... As my voice continued to get higher and higher due to the lack of oxygen and increased pressure I assume, I decided it was time to put on my oxygen mask.
Unfortunately Amanda continued to fidget uncomfortably with her mask, pillows and cushions for the next hour finding very little relaxation or comfort.  The pressure of the oxygen coming through the masks is quite loud so she struggled to hear me trying to assist, even when I de-masked and talked loudly in to her ear like a chipmunk being slowly castrated in a wind tunnel she struggled to hear.  Hopefully we'll do better tomorrow.  We both inhaled clean, pure oxygen under pressure (I don't mean there was someone there telling us to do it faster or more efficiently, threatening to lash us with a hyperbaric whip), for almost an hour, surely it has to do some good.  Cancer can't survive in high concentrations of oxygen, but it's just getting it there, then keeping it there.... The oxygen therapy also increases stem cell production, so maybe this will assist in new healthy bone growth in the cervical spine.  We'll just have to wait and see!

Hope everyone is well and that yours and your families lives full of peace, happiness and contentment.

Big love as ever.

Mark.

2 comments:

  1. As always, the blogg keeps me up to speed and makes me to raise a smile of amusement Mark!! I too am grateful and thankful for all those that give their time to help Amanda and you. A reminder that there are many more good people in this world than we are often led to believe with the constant stream of negative news stories etc. I for one am still sending postive thoughts to you both - fluffy hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kesh, good people come to good people....We're very lucky to have such a huge circle of friends and family comprising of good people. Glad you received your print of 'Three Benches at The Sound' in one piece this time!

    Mark Boyd Photography at Facebook.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MarkBoydPhotography

    Travel
    www.wherearetheboyds.blogspot.com
    www.tracktheboyds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete