Friday 23 August 2013

A River of Love....

Laughing.... Really Laughing..... xxx
What can I say?  You have all left me dumbfounded, bathed by love, compassion and empathy.... Beautiful heartfelt messages for Amanda, myself, Robyn and the family that miss her so much.  Moving poems, memory filled photographs, sweet tributes... Facebook juddered in to life the evening after Amanda's passing.  I typed and wept responding to beautiful tributes and voices of friends.
Early that evening a strange thing happened - No doubt I'll begin to make more and more tedious links as the days and weeks go by - But whilst sat looking out from the back of my parenets house a heron, slim and elegant with her exquisitely long neck perched a top the wooden arched treliss outside the window.  She stood looking in the living room window and the window above where Amanda and I slept during last summer.  This magnificent looking creature, towering near
4 feet tall, stood atop the treliss for almost 3 minutes, then took flight.  I always asked Amanda to where her hair up as she had a such a beautiful neck.  My Mum has never seen a heron alight out the back of the house before, let alone near the window, and so high up, and my parents have lived in the house 17 years!  It really was strange, but beautiful.  My 'spiritual' tedious link was not only relating to 'necks' there is more.  Last year, the anniversary card I made for Amanda featured the treliss which this beautiful took a fancy too, with a picture Amanda had taken of me during the summer whilst I was 'playing around'... Naked... It was early morning so no one to scare!  You can see the card below.....



I wouldn't normally show my 'censored' arse cheeks globally, but these are exceptional circumstances.... Wish I'd designed to where clothes that morning!

Having wept, typed, wept and typed responding to the torrent of beautiful messages exhaustion finally took a hold of my weary mind and body.  I headed upstairs to a lonely bedroom at 11pm.  I hadn't slept in over 40 hours and my body was letting me know.  I thought hard about my wife, concentrating hoping if I thought as hard as I possibly could she would join me in my dreams.  I knew a dream would feel as if we were really together.... All I wanted was a beautiful dream.... But it was not to be.  I slept heavily until 8am, then rose showered and started the day.... with some crying.  This will stop.  Amanda wouldn't want me crying all the time, sobbing at her departure.  I hope she understands that I am being present, simply immersing myself in her love and my love for her.  This wet spell will soon be over.... soon-ish anyway....  I also had my wife's send off to sort out.  She wanted it all planned by me.  Nothing like a challenge.  No funeral directors, just keep it personal.  So I got to sorting the paperwork, driving around doing this and that.  She helped me hold everything together.

I went back to Jane's house, to sort out the room we had stayed in for the past 7 months.  A family home full of love and warmth.  Jane and Jordan made us both feel incredibly welcome, as did the crazy springer spaniels Poppy and Ruby.  This was a good place to embark from on her next peace and love filled journey.
I started to sort out jewellery and trinkets.  She didn't have much, she pretty much wore what she owned.... I got nowhere, lay on the single bed that had been my home for the past 3 weeks and sobbed.  Her Mum found me there wetting the bedding with my face.  She stroked my head and spoke soft soothing words.... She was right in what she said.  Thanks Coll.  I pulled myself together and proceeded to sort again...

I had a big soft cushion printed up of various photo's of Amanda and members of my family a couple of years back, for Mother's Day for my Mum.  Amanda is peeking out at me smiling as I type.  Such a beautiful  and true smile, such big loving happy eyes, such beauty inside....

I look out to the garden.... A magpie lands on the lawn in front of a small bush..... I feel it I began to think to myself.  As I began to turn another hopped out from behind the bush.... Maybe one day again, soon,  I'll feel that too.

This evening I visited Amanda at the chapel of rest.  Her 'chariot' is yet to arrive from the UK but A Duggan and Son did their best to present her nicely for me.  The family are waiting for her 'chariot' to arrive tomorrow.  The chapel of rest was peaceful, as you would expect.  Just my wife and I.  But it wasn't just my wife and I. I could feel she wasn't there.  Not in the beautiful little shell that lay still and cool in front of me, her tiny frame draped in one of her favourite dresses and shawls.  No she wasn't there.  She was in my heart and mind.  I still felt compelled to give her little feet a massage.  She loved to have her feet rubbed, her face and head stroked.  Her little feet were so cold, my hands couldn't warm them.
I feel more at peace now with everything.  I know what she wanted for me and I know how to make her proud and that's what I intend to do.  I will live my life the way I want to live it, full of love, compassion and empathy for others.  The influence of my wonderful wife and best friend in my heart and mind as a guide.  If she were with me she would be happy, she would be proud, she would be content.  Her mind would be full of peace and love satisfied in the knowledge that I too am happy.... or at least am soon to be happy knowing she is with me where ever I may be.

Thank you all xxx

6 comments:

  1. Mark you and Amanda are an inspiration to all couples, your unconditional love is breathtaking. I wish you all the best at this tough time, both Janet and myself will be with you to celebrate Amanda's life.

    Love Gez & Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Amanda and you have been in our hearts, in our thoughts and prayers....here is a little extract from The Upanishads, which unveils the mystery of death and the meaning of life....echoes of the beliefs shared....

    "An old story is told about the beginning of time. The universe was in the process of being created and not everything was yet in order or fully functioning. Before the universe could be totally engaged, the Creator had one final task to complete. To help him complete this task the Lord summoned an angel.

    The angel came. The Creator told the angel that he, the Lord, had one last job to do in the making of the universe.

    “I saved the best for last,” the Creator told the angel. “I have here the real meaning of human life, the treasure of life, the purpose and goal of all this that I have created.

    “Because this treasure is valuable beyond description,” the Creator continued, “I want you to hide it. Hide this treasure so well that human beings will know its value to be immeasurable.”

    “I will do so, Lord,” said the angel. “I will hide the treasure of life on the highest mountain top.”

    “The treasure will be too easy to find there,” said the Creator.

    “Then,” said the angel, “I will hide the treasure in the great desert wilderness. Surely, the treasure will not be easily found there.”

    “No, too easy.”

    “In the vast reaches of the universe?” asked the angel. “That would make a difficult search.”

    “No,” the Creator said pondering. Then his face showed a flash of inspiration. “I know. I have the place. Hide the treasure of life within the human being. He will look there last and know how precious this treasure is. Yes, hide the treasure there.”

    I truly believe Amanda found the treasure - you discovered it together in each other, both as crusaders of the true meaning of life, love and and all that is everlasting in goodness, happiness and peace which stems from your journey together and boundless love.

    The philosophy is that we are all connected and we all return to the source and divine lives in us all and that which surrounds us, flowers, rainbows and the endless ocean of tranquility, in which Amanda lives forever there and in our hearts and in the happiness of her memory, her radiant spirit is free and immortal....x x x

    Yoga sutra, IV.26. tadā vivekaniṁnaṁ kaivalya prāgbhāraṁ cittaṁ
    Then the whole mind flows towards wisdom and the realisation of complete freedom or liberation.


    All our love to you and the family Janet and Gez x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's exactly what Amanda would love to read. Thank you both so much for your considered message. It's beautiful. I look forward to seeing you both on Thursday. Amanda will be very pleased to have you both there x

      Delete
  3. Mark, I hope you don't mind me quoting the following... Your sighting of a heron was so symbolic.
    'Comfort in multiple elements is also symbolic of easy transitions. If you find yourself in liminal spaces, that is, if you find yourself 'in-between' phases, places or people in your life, the heron can give guidance on how to easily move through those 'in-between' moments of your life.'
    I'm a firm believer in things happening for a purpose in life and things that happen to teach us important lessons and to advance our self- awareness. You found your own personal message in the heron, so I hope you don't mind me adding a further dimension to your understanding purely with the desire to offer additional comfort.
    Kim x



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, you kind words are much appreciated x

      Delete
  4. Hari om Mark,
    Just read your blog.
    It's really beautiful!
    You have found the way, the truth and the light as they say.
    I'm sure Amanda would be proud and happy with you.
    She will be with you always
    Keep in touch, come to Shankar Prasad, Gokarna, again.
    Love and oms

    ReplyDelete