Friday 13 May 2011

Healing, Cranio Sacral Therapy and Wholesale Organic Veg.....

Good evening everyone.
I trust you are all well.  Amanda has left me home alone. She and the girls have headed to watch Mama Mia tonight in London, then on the Saturday, well, a quick 13 mile walk through Hyde Park, starting at 9pm.  The Moonwalk, the event that you all so generously supported is taking place.  I am still yet to tally up the monies fully.  I will do this over the weekend, promise!
Amanda went to 'work' at the salon on Monday, and completed 3 hours waving her hands
 around at shoulder height, whilst being on her feet the whole time, not having hardly eaten anything before hand.  When she came home she was well and truly shattered.  Amanda can usually knock out 8 to 10 hours in the salon, but she hasn't carried out any salon work since her diagnosis on 22nd February, she was bound to feel tired.  She later relayed the fact that she'd somehow managed to evade her baked spuds at lunch time (not sure how that happened) which certainly didn't help.  This must have forced slight concerns about walking solidly for three and a half hours or so for the Moonwalk   To way lay any fears she may have, on Tuesday evening, we walked 10 miles in 2.5 hours, with a little bit of running during the final half hour.  Amanda is amazing.  As long as she keeps the fuel going in, she can always find a way to burn it.  By the time we got home, my lower back was painful, and legs were slightly heavy, hers were probably fine.  I estimate they will complete the walk in under 3 hours 20 minutes.  The juicer is enjoying it's second trip to London, it will be the best travelled juicer in the UK.  Amanda's case weighed in at a stonking 28kgs!!!  Clothes.... then all the Gerson Therapy stuff.  Juicer (over 10kgs), carrots, apples and baked spuds.  A flask of the Hippo crates soup, and a salad and baked spud for herself and Kesha to scoff whilst sitting on the train.
Wednesday Amanda attended her second ballet class, and loved it again.  She told me she finds it difficult to follow, but the fact the instructor is French doesn't help!  To be honest, Amanda loves to make up her own words to songs she sings along with, at times even her own tunes.... which can be painful let me tell you!  I have no doubt that she moves to her very own style of ballet whilst the instructor yells, 'Non! Non! Non!'  Ha ha!
Early in the week she went to a lovely 'healing' lady in Middleton Cheney, the fact that this lady charges nothing, and carries out this 'healing', from the good of her heart is wonderful, and restores faith where 'healers' charge money to 'heal', when they apparently have a gift from where ever. I mean people like the gypo in the previous post, who all of a sudden became a 'healer' a 'natural' apparently! He wasn't going to do it out of the good of his heart. Who knows what it does, but it certainly leaves Amanda feeling very relaxed afterwards. She also really enjoys Sandra's company.  Anything that makes her feel relaxed, at ease, is great.
Yesterday she went to have a session of Craniosacral Therapy, in Oxford.  Whilst she attended her session, I headed to the Drennan HQ in Cowley to have a chat with my fishing sponsors.  Then whilst I waited in the car, I tied some fishing rigs.  I walked round to the little clinic on the Cowley Road, a quaint interior, with a very informal reception/waiting area.  The coffee table was covered in 'Feel Good News' type magazines and Eco information newspapers, which I really liked.  Facts about the environment, and news about what governments are or aren't doing to help the world.  More relevant and important than the majority of 'news' that's forced down our throats day in day out by televisual media or mainstream newspapers.  When Amanda came out I could see she'd been crying.  She said she had become emotional whilst talking with the Craniosacral Therapist after her treatment.  What is Craniosacral Therapy?  Well I don't bloody know, do I?  Ha ha!  Amanda told me the lady placed her hands on her, applying varying light pressure in different areas, all very gentle.  She said she could feel her shoulders opening up, relaxing  and falling backwards.  She suffers from very tense neck and shoulders.  She also felt movement within her body (I insensitively suggested indigestion, the look she shot me was enough to indicate this was not the case.).  At one point she experienced a sudden stabbing pain in her chest and jolted up.  The Therapist was no where near her chest, so that was strange. 
Here's what the cranio's say about craniosacral therapy  -  It is a subtle and profound healing form.
In a typical craniosacral session, you will usually lie (or sometimes sit) fully-clothed on a treatment couch. The therapist will make contact by placing their hands lightly on your body and tuning in.
The first thing you will probably notice is a sense of deep relaxation, which will generally last throughout the session. This release of tension often extends into everyday life. Sometimes the benefits are not immediately noticeable but become obvious on returning to a familiar environment. The work is often deeply moving and exhilarating. 
Craniosacral therapy developed from the work of an American osteopath, Dr William Sutherland in the early 1900s. He discovered intrinsic movements of the bones in the head and his further research revealed different rhythms in the body. He inferred, from further observation, and later went on to demonstrate to his satisfaction, that these movements are inextricably linked with mental and emotional health and that restriction of these movements corresponds to a reduction of the natural capacity to self-heal.
Craniosacral therapy has developed from clinical experience, which shows that health is something active and not just an absence of disease. Health is the expression of life, responsible for the organisation of the millions of things that are constantly happening in the body.'
Deeeeep.... that's just me being sarcastic.  3 months ago, I'd have split my sides laughing at such concepts, but the recent literature we have read now makes me think, ooookay.... I now consider it, I play it over in my mind, instead of immediately shooting it down in flames.  It made Amanda feel very relaxed, and emotional.  The therapist talked to Amanda after the session, explaining what she should try to do to assist her in releasing the stress from her shoulders and neck etc.  She went in to more details, and was correct in her observations, which was nice to hear.  She was obviously very in touch with Amanda's current emotions.
In between all this lot, Amanda has been practising her Gerson Therapy.  So there hasn't been alot of time for anything else at all.

Today I took order of over 130kg's of fruit and veg to sell to our neighbours on Queens Road, Bath Road and Kings Road.... and of course anyone else who knows I am selling great organic produce out front of Number 29.  We had folks come from as far as Middleton Cheney let me tell you (for those of you who do not live in Banbury, this is about 5 or 6 miles away!), thanks Sandra and Matt.  When the veg arrived, I became more and more concerned as the hall turned into an ever narrowing channel, walled by red peppers, apples, pears, aubergines, tomatoes and many other delectable organic edible items.  When Amanda came downstairs, she was slightly surprised at the amount of produce, that by now, had filtered it's way into the dining room.  It was the best part of three hundred quids worth.  I got to work making a sign for out front.  Then after looking at Riverford's and Able & Cole's organic produce prices, I undercut them and threw in what I'd like to call, 'choice'.  This is something you don't get with veg box schemes.
At 4pm my tables were out, the scales and calculator were ready, and I was excited.  Our neighbours, Brenda and Derek spent a quick £20, then a flurry of other neighbours dropped by, tenners here, fivers there, it was all happening.  Then after an hour or so things slowed right up.  In the end I took £140.... no where near enough to cover our costs.  I stayed out until 8pm.  Just as I was packing away, a lady on a bicycle pulled up, she'd cycled past a couple of minutes before.  I was looking for number 29, she said in a foreign accent.  She had come to buy veg!  Excellent.  We got chatting, I spoke about Amanda, and her approach to beating cancer.  Oh, she said, is she following Gerson Therapy? Wow!!!  Someone who had heard of it, brilliant!!!!  This lady was originally from Hungary.  She went on to chat about juicers, and even knew of our one, describing the choices of colour (gold or stainless steel silver (gold is for the chav's me thinks)).  I told her I'd just purchased a dehydrator on ebay (more about this later), and she said, 'an Excalibur?', I looked over my shoulder to see if the wall between the kitchen and dining room had fallen down whilst I chatted, giving pedal powered Hungarian lady a view of our kitchen gadgets. But no, the wall was in place.. Good lord this lady was good.  It was indeed an Excalibur, a top of the range dehydrator.  She went on to discuss nutrition, and the fact that she and her partner Laslo (her name is Katalin), were both vegetarian... possibly vegan actually.  It was great chatting to someone who was on the same wavelength that we were now on.  Amanda will love her, I do hope she comes back to browse and buy more of our organic produce next week.  I do hope all of you do, well those of you that live within a 2 mile radius anyway. Consider coming over on a Friday evening.  Don't panic, it's all organic! 
I will let you know how the ladies get on with their walk next week.  I'm tired, so I'm going to bed.  Catch you all next week..... I will be selling veg this Sunday, I have alot left, drop by, bring a friend, bring family!!!!
See you then x


No comments:

Post a Comment