Thursday 9 June 2011

Amanda plays catch up.....

Hi Folks. Well it's been quite some time since I read Mark's blog and even longer since I posted on it.   I must say that as always, I enjoyed catching up on his thoughts, funnies and rantings...  However, if I'm honest, which I always aim to be - even more so recently after learning of the 'important psychological and physical benefits of honest,
heart felt expression of emotion at all times' - emotions/thoughts really are better out than in - and as long as truth is expressed kindly and you are not too proud or too arrogant to admit a mistake or apologise then there should be no problem or misunderstanding that cannot be resolved - Mmm! and with that, I apologise to anyone I have freaked out on of late - loves ya : ) - anyway, as I was saying, if I,m honest, at times I find myself inwardly cringing at some of  Mark's comments.   God! he really is turning into the next Gillian Mckeith - the scary nutritionist with the sharp tongue - ha ha.  But as he so rightly states, he is only sharing all he has learnt with you guys because he loves you all so much. It's human nature to want to share our experiences and the lessons we learn - good and bad - with those we care about. If we have a nice meal at a swanky new restaurant, we tell everyone we know all about it and strongly recommend they give it a try.  Likewise, if we get dire service at another we warn everyone to stay away and that,s just what my lovely husband is doing here on his blog - sharing coz he's caring.  His delivery may at times sound a little preachy or patronising (or is that just to my over-sensitive ear?) but his intention to deliver information that can only benefit and protect you is kind and sincere.  One of the qualities I love about Mark is that he says it as he sees it.  He is neither afraid nor embarrassed to do so.  He does not over-consider what or how others may think or feel about his views, he just puts them out there - I really admire this.  I notice this trait in some of my friends too and it is one that I  would like to cultivate myself.  I'm guessing such spontaneous, self assured expression stems from the knowledge and belief that your views are important,  valid and worthy of delivery just as you see them regardless of how you perceive they may be received.  Heaven forbid, if we all thought as much as I do before speaking the world would be a very quiet place full of over-policed thoughts cultivated to ensure no-one took offence or felt awkward or negatively challenged.  Now what a dull place that would be.  And with that comment, comes the realisation that I cringe when I read some of what Mark writes quite simply because I worry to much about what other people think.  Apparently, a typical cancer patient trait!   Which is crazy and tiring because as we all know, you can't please all of the people all of the time.  Perhaps, next time I see you I will practice just blurting out my every unconsidered thought : )    Anyway, I hope everyone reading is finding Mark's health info interesting.  He really is becoming a font of fascinating nutritional facts.  I'm so lucky and grateful to have him as my No. 1 researcher.  I can't thank him enough for his constant effort, love and support with my "Endeavour To Stay Well.  Quite frankly, He Is Brilliant. x Thanks Mark x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    Please can you ask your 'font' (I can think of a few other names for him) what ever happened to our list of good and bad foods? Thought that was a good/ interesting idea, but it never materialised!

    Stu xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to speak your mind to me anytime without having to worry hehe, it's not often i take offense to anything and understand when someones just expressing an opinion, so if you wanna practise care-free speech, fire it this way =] xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy

    Hi my darling,

    My Mum asked after you yesterday, and I was telling her all about the blog,(which David reads too) how wonderful Mark is, the commitment, the love and loyalty (what he does not know about nutrition, Organic etc, is an education its self, and wish he would write a book 'an idiots guide to what to eat') etc and she asked if I had spoken to you, and that's when i admitted, that although I read the blog religiously, and think about you more often than I don't, and got quite emotional, reminiscing back to when we met, and the story since,etc; and told her that i had not contacted or even left a blog for ages, because? well I just don't know? I never feel worthy of a great comment, I never know what to say, I don't want to intrude, and I don't want to waffle on about my own drama's, but I do think of you so much, so this is just to say that and nothing more; I think of you, I will always be here, and I hope when the time is right, I look forward to seeing you and catching up with you, and until then, I just keep you in my thoughts, prayers and send lots and lots and lots of love to you, and so very much respect and admiration for Mark! You are both truly inspirational and fantastic. You are both very much in my thoughts.

    Take very good care,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete