Friday 30 September 2011

The Journey

Soooo sorry.... I've took soooo long to update, 10 days.... It's simply not good enough. I know.
I suppose the mini heatwave we have, and still are experiencing has had something to do with it. Twenty six to twenty seven degrees Celsius at the end of September is simply balmy! It's been wonderful. That aside, Amanda has still been suffering much anxiety, confusion and sadness. There is joy in amongst it, but she just feels she has so much to do.

Amanda and her sister attended another one of Brandon Bays 'Journey Seminars' last weekend, but this time as 'process assistants', partnering up with those attempting their first process. Helping people come to terms with deep emotional problems, problems that have been
 bothering them for years, emotional issues they simply couldn't let go of, or wouldn't let go of them..... The mind is a powerful adversary, but when it turns on us, what the hell can we do?
I tried to help Amanda out before she left, by allowing her to perform a Journey Process on me.... I think I may have mentioned it in the last blog.... It didn't work. She just ended up laughing at me, whilst I made up answers to keep everything moving along. It's something you have got to want to do, something you feel the need to do, to remove those old skeletons, the ones that you never knew were affecting your everyday life.... Or the monsters that you do know that are ruining your everyday life.

Whilst they were away, I had a few days to myself, one night abusing my body and mind with the ill effects of beer with the football boys. I stopped drinking at about 10.30pm, whilst they carried on until the early hours. Yes, my social barriers had been reduced enough to allow me to 'cut some serious shapes' on the dance floor, and a great night was had by all. At the end of the night one of the boys bought me a large Donner Kebab, I think he was testing my 'manhood', seeing if I could still take on the poison pitta delight, at the end of a long boozy night. I politely declined (that's what happened in my mind anyway).... A basic lie.... I buried my face in the spicy lamb (hopefully), and salad filled pitta pocket, and devoured the lot, coming up for air maybe twice..
The poisoning of my system the next morning, had been slightly reduced by the fact that I'd quit while my body was still ahead, and that a lovely pint of pre bed water diluted the effects, and aided my kidneys in processing all the crap that I had forced upon them..... Sorry body. It will be a long time until it happens again, you have my sincere apologies. Forgive me.....
Even though I rolled in at about 3am, I was up at 6.25am to get to Stu's house for a full day of fishing around Stratford on Avon!
It was a great day.... thoroughly enjoyed, cheers mate.
Amanda and Jane returned on Monday night, regaling me wondrous tales of emotional outbursts and breakdowns from the folks participating in the Journey Seminar. Amanda was even treated to a process with one of the experienced practitioners. A process can take up to 3 hours!!! 3 HOURS!
Anyway they both thoroughly enjoyed it, even though their days were exhausting, rising at 5.30am and finishing around 9pm, sometimes later..... Very hard going.
Amanda has just signed up for another one in November.

On Tuesday night Amanda spent a few hours completing a journey on her own, it involved issues dealing with a drawn out, very violent past relationship...... The next day she ran through her experience with me, it was incredible. A real eye opener. Amanda can really meditate, and get down to the nitty gritty of her mind and take on old issues that are still with her. She takes them head on! Smash 'em baby, keep at it. It can't be nice reliving old traumatic experiences.... but once they've been processed, you are free to move on, that's the way 'The Process' works. It's a fantastic way of dealing with mental trauma, phobias and pain - much like hypnotism or deep regression I suppose.

Crikey O'Reilly it's hot. I'm sitting here on the front door step, with the Organic Grocery Stall out, all the pre ordered boxes sitting in doors in the shade waiting for their owners to come and pick them up. I delivered two boxes this morning at 10.30am. Sniff, sniff (I'm still suffering the remnants of nasty cold that hit me, smash in the nasal passage last Thursday). So far we've taken £102.00, spent £140 so still need to sell a bit more..... Basking in the sun, talking to you guys isn't such a bad gig though! Ha ha!
Jane (Amanda's sister ) has also ordered a veg box for the Isle of Man, as we are going there on Monday morning first thing, I am letting sell what sells though, due to the unseasonally hot weather I'm afraid things may start to perish, as we do not have a fridge big enough to contain everything , sorry Jane :-( we will still bring you a box, though it will be the remnants of what’s left x.

The reason we are making a pre Christmas trip is that I have managed to convince the Isle of Man Fisheries Department & Tourist Board, that they are missing a trick with the awesome fishing they have on the Island, yet they don't really promote it. Based on my past fishing articles, they have agreed for me to put together an Isle of Man Fishing Guide/Brochure, covering freshwater game fishing (Salmon, Seatrout & Trout) and Sea Fishing. I need to capture some beautiful images of different species, with some scenic backdrops. The writing part shouldn't be a problem... Hopefully! The images on the other hand depend on the right weather (lots of rain to get the salmon and seatrout moving, followed by some nice gentle autumnal weather), which is asking a lot of my wonderful Island home. If I wanted gale force winds and horizontal rain I'd be sorted! Wish me luck.... For weather and for fish! This is the longest 'break' we've had in over 6 years, and we get to spend it on our old home, with our families. God they are blessed.... Ha ha!

On returning from The Journey, and having shared deep emotional discussions, Amanda wants to spend more time on the emotional side of healing, the mind body side. She is, as I've already mentioned, sick to the back teeth of The Gerson Therapy..... Sooooo, even though she is almost at a stage of writing it off, and following a new plan, we are still juicing loads of fruit and veg, just not on the hour, when the Gerson plan dictates to. Diet wise, well we will stay organic, that's a life change, and the cutting out of booze for Amanda will stay as is, basically anything that increases (or even has the potential to increase) Oestrogen levels. She will still be avoiding all parabens in cleaning, washing and cosmetic products, opting for natural options as opposed to chemical based ones. No white processed sugar, salt and flour..... No dairy and no meat.... She may introduce a tiny amount of organic or wild fish, or if she had no option, she may even consider organic pasture fed meat, if she was starving, though having never been a big fan of meat anyway, it's fairly unlikely.
Therefore the principles will remain the same.

Amanda has just returned from Oxford. She went with Cathy, a lady who is on a similar therapy to the Gerson, but not as intense. Cathy is 70is. They went for an acupuncture session, Amanda said it was an absolute joy. The best one she has had yet.... It was sooo good, we are heading back over to Oxford on Sunday. We're not to hunt her down, to force her into it's an arranged appointment I promise. The needle wielding Asian lady pricks on Sabbath - Nice!

Ooooh, 'Thanks my love'. Amanda has just brought me out some food, and I'm ravenous.

Tell next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment