Tuesday 20 September 2011

Somethings Gotta Give!

Last week Amanda was suffering emotionally, feeling really down in the dumps. She was depressed and still is.  Ground Hog Day, where everyday is exactly the same as the one before, was becoming too much for my little lady. No juices, no enemas, no Gerson she said..... That's what was happening on Tuesday..... She was totally 100% fed up, and very upset. I tried to take the helm, but
 was not permitted to do so. She eventually succumbed to Gerson later that day.
It's very difficult to see someone you love so, so down. But that's life. We just have to be there. I used to try and come up with solutions, which is definitely a man thing, 'Why don't you....?' 'You should try....?' 'You should get up and come for a walk with me'..... suggestions that seem helpful to you and me, when we are not depressed. When you are really down though, none of these things help, as you don't want to do any of them, the simplest thing becomes a major effort.
Amanda spent a lot of time last week meditating. We visited the Penny Brohn Centre too.
Unfortunately that didn't go too well either. Well I say that. But the visit was lovely as ever, we sat in the garden after lunch, basking in the balmy September sunshine, then Amanda went for her Shiatsu Massage. We left PB shortly after the session. On the way home Amanda began to feel very nauseous, and this continued all the way home, and into the evening. Mr Shiatsu (not his real name) applied pressure somewhere he shouldn't have, releasing waves of nausea throughout Amanda's little frame. It took her the best part of 24 hours to get over it. Poor love. As if things weren't tough enough for at the moment anyway.
We've been sharing the juicing again, and the cooking, with Amanda doing the lions share of the latter. Brenda & Derek’s apple tree has kept us in Braeburns now for almost 3 weeks, I reckon there is another week left on it, but they are up high.... Not that that will stop 'Monkey Boy!' Having big, juicy fresh organic apples saves us the best part of £25 a week, great neighbours eh?! They may soon regret saying take all the apples you want.
The organic grocery stall did really well again, selling out of everything bar butternut squash and a few onions.

Thursday last week Amanda arranged for us to attend a show on Friday night in Oxford after her Cranio Sacral Therapy at Eau d' Vie. On Friday evening we flasked up some fresh juices, made some organic falafel and salad, and stuffed them into organic pitta breads..... Ahhhhh we dined like king and queen as tomato juice sprayed out on to my thin knit jumper on the way to the car park near the Oxford Playhouse. The show called 'Happy as Larry' was awesome, look it up, and see it if you get a chance. There was no talking, so similar to a ballet in that sense. It was a contemporary dance show, featuring a right old mix of moves from ballet to break-dancing, it was really brilliant. We were lost for 75 minutes of sensory bliss.

Yesterday Amanda went to see a 'Journey Practitioner'. You may remember she attended Brandon Bays 'Journey' Seminar a few months back with her sister, and they both loved it. Well they are both, in fact they are now three, as Susie one of Amanda's friends is also attending this weekends seminar in Birmingham. Amanda and Jane are attending as helpers. Amanda felt she needed more practice to be able to help any of the new canditates that became stuck during the process, so we took a trip to Kidderminster, so Amanda could meet a lovely experienced 'Journey Practitioner', and carry out a 'Journey' process with her. I dropped her off and headed to the Severn at Bewdley for a couple of hours fishing. I caught nothing, but enjoyed being by the great river, with it's kingfishers zipping up and down, electrifying the back drop with their bolt of dazzling blue and orange. Wonderful.
I got back to the pick up point at 5pm. Amanda came out at 6.15pm..... I should have known! These processes can take anywhere from an hour to three hours. They are a meditation come regression, used to clear emotional blockages caused by old experiences etc. Sounds deep I know. I tried one, but then decided that I had no real issues, hence the reason I couldn't really do it. I think the real problem was that I can't meditate unless I have a fishing rod in my hand, and there is a large sheet of water beside me!

Amanda is currently reading 7... 8... maybe 9 books, leaving one down as another catches her eye. If a new book arrives in the post she can't leave it alone..... Finishing the book she currently has her nose in, is not an option, the new book must be investigated! Ha ha! She reads books like everyone else watches TV. You don't only watch one soap, or one drama.... You watch a mix from day to day, from week to week. Well that's what Amanda's doing with her books. Mix it up baby!

She finished a book today (which is a landmark in itself!) on EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). As the name suggests, this is a method of freeing emotional hang ups. In the past it has been used to treat phobias and post traumatic stress. It involves tapping various meridian points on the face and collar bones with the tips of your fingers. Sound mental? Yes it does. Now this one is strange, even by my standards. Amanda read part of the book to me whilst I was driving back from PB last week, and then a little more whilst we were on our way to Oxford to see the show. It did sound very interesting, so I am trying my damnedest not to be too judgemental and dismissive of it until I've read the book, then tried It out for myself.
Amanda suggested I try it for my fear of flying..... I imagined myself in an aircraft as it was coming into land, prodding my face in frenzied panic, fighting back a deafening scream as the wind buffets the wings...... fingers in my eyes, up my nose, in my mouth, fingers bloody everywhere! Amanda suggested I carry out the EFT before the flight..... I think she's right! Ha ha!
We will both try it for spiders too. It can't do any harm, and it may just get me over my rather stupid fear of house spiders, and my totally understandable fear of flying (everyone else is just ignorant to the fact that we are on a huge piece of metal with wings, weighing hundreds of tonnes, thousands of feet in the air, with a posh man at the helm. Who endeavours to land the said hunk of metal on a short strip of tarmac at over 140 mph, whilst all the while being buffeted by down drafts and cross winds..... Good God!!!!).

I'm going for a lie down!
Love to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment