Tuesday 5 April 2011

Back a couple of days.... Then Meeting with Surgeon....

Well we arrived back during the early hours of Saturday morning, my Sat Nav having guided me incorrectly around a detour on the M6 closure between junctions 15 and 14, meant an extra 40 minutes were added on to Amanda's sleep time, and my drive time. 
As we sleepily undressed in bedroom at 3.45am, we heard drunken, overly loud voices at the front door.  Robyn had arrived home with a friend, after a heavy night of boozing and dancing.  Amanda was less than happy. 
We rose at 10am.  Saturday morning was spent cleaning and scouring the kitchen.  Saturday night was spent
 sweeping and mopping the kitchen and living area.  Oh the joys of being home...  Saturday afternoon was filled with a football, where we beat the third in the league boys two goals to one, quite a result! 
That evening, we rented a couple of movies and snuggled up after the grand tidy  -  Robyn headed out on the town again with her pals.
Sunday was a lovely day, we rose fairly early, Amanda carried out her exercises, I juiced and made her some fresh organic oats.  The plan for today was to dig out the garden, in preparation for some organic veg growing.  Carl & Kate-Anne arrived at 12pm.  Before he knew it Carl was holding a gardening fork!  The neighbours either side lent us the tools required for some serious Titchmarshing!  Whilst we turned the top third of the garden, we discussed alternative therapies versus conventional therapies, we decided on Chemo-su-permarket.com, a search engine, to price up alternative approaches agains conventional medicines.  The results of which could be printed and presented to your Oncologist, whereupon you would be paid costs to cover the alternative treatment whilst demonstrating to the NHS, how much money you are saving them on drugs and consultation fees.  SIMPLES!
You'd think the NHS may be interested in monitoring the progress of someone such as Amanda, willing to follow an alternative approach.... But no.... They are not interested in this, 'What magic does that porcelain chalice contain, elixir from the Gods?  I emplore you, do not allow such fluid to pass your lips, I have something else, something that will probably make your organs line up ready to do battle with your poisoned system.  It may even probably, possibly work with swifter effect, not definitely, but definitely maybe.... it will not stop your tumours reoccuring, but I am confident in it's wondrous ability to offer a quick fix, a symptomatic solution to your current poisoned system.  We call it fight fire with fire.  Flood the body with this combination of poisons from my cabinet of healing.  Try it!  It's goooood!'.

By 6pm (Carl & I were permitted a short break to rehydrate and take on some food) the garden was done!  Weeded, and turned, ready to accept a seed.  Plenty of space for all our lettuces, saying that Becca, whose husband Leo used Gerson Therapy to beat his cancer, had to grow nigh on 300 lettuces one summer!  We're gonna need a bigger garden!  Please everyone, plant 20 lettuces (Cos or Romaine would be best!), we simply won't be able to grow enough!!!  Ha ha!  Thanks for the help Carl, it was greatly appreciated.  You are both welcome to join us again for a massive organic veg based lunch soon!

Yesterday Amanda had a down day.... just fed up... not feeling great etc etc.  I thought I'd done something wrong, left a t-shirt out of a cupboard, or a tea towel on the work top... something bad like that (only joking hun), but when I asked I got snarled at, 'Why does it always have to be about you?'  I edged back veeery slowly, unwilling to risk breaking eye contact, I grasped the air behind with an outstretched arm, ensuring a clear path was present, for a quick escape if required.  Poor thing, she was really fed up.  I felt for her, but when I tried to talk, she said she didn't feel like chatting. 
At 7.45am I'd juiced the final carrot and apple, and had to visit Tesco to pick up a few kilo's of carrots, apples and essential organic produce.  At 8.30am, I was in Morrisons to find other bits, and finally Sainsbury's.  From when I returned a little after 9am, I worked, servicing my client's needs until 7.15pm, juicing when required.  Amanda did the cooking, which was smashing, it allowed me to get fully caught up.... whilst enjoying super powerful, nutrient filled, starvation battering feeds!  Thanks sweetheart.  Why stop at 7.15pm I hear you ask, selfish t*#t, well the reason behind this was that I'd been asked to play 5 aside between 7.30pm and 8.30pm, just to get me out of the house for an hour, for something more stimulating than food shopping, I took them up on their offer.  When I returned, there she was again (grumpy-ish still), but in the kitchen knocking a little dish together for us both.  Superb x
We ended the day (Amanda hated me on and off yesterday, sometimes I disagree with things, and voice them to her.  I believe it's known as 'having an opinion.'  But I've been told to keep mine to myself, unless it is specifically requested.) with my dulcet tones, covering Mr Gerson's publication, 'A Cancer Therapy'.  It's hard going, even for a Biology Bonce, such as myself.  We're 55 pages in, only 360ish to go!
Recently my dreams have been packed with Gerson Therapy, and juicing etc etc.  Gerson simply cannot be avoided, even in my subconscious!  I can't imagine what Amanda's head must be like....

I rose bright and early this morning, juiced veg, and cooked oats. 
Today we were meeting with Dehalvi for a brief chat, whilst he checked over his handy work, and ensured things were how they should be.
I dropped Amanda off to Outpatients, then shot down Horton View to find a park.  I legged it back to the Brodey Centre (cancer patient's rendevous point at the Horton Hospital), there was no one to be seen.  I made myself a brew and grabbed a biscuit.  I was rumbled by the receptionist, she wanted to know why I was actually there.  I told her, 'for tea and biscuits, there is nowhere else in the entire facility with free chocolates, biscuits and selection of hot beverages'.  I also informed her that Amanda was meeting Sally.  After 10 minutes, Amanda came and found me, she hadn't been seen yet, but as I was yet to put in an appearance, she put two and two together and came up with, free biscuits and tea!
We sat and waited in the side room for Sally (the Macmillan nurse) and Dehalvi (fondly known as Dredge) to appear.  The side door opened, and in they came. Handshakes and smiles a plenty.  He made himself comfortable, then asked Amanda how she was doing.  Next he checked the scar (which Amanda was surprised, as he commented on the fact that it was a little rippled, but he was sure it would settle down), when he did, he didn't end up 'bigging up' his own work, in fact he was a little critical if anything.  No doubt he thought 'Maybe I should have left the hammer and chisel at home, and used something more subtle, like a scalpel for instance.'  He was happy with everything in general, and told Amanda the lump under the armpit was scar tissue, or a slightly swollen node, and that this was common.
Then he broached the subject of ongoing treatment.  Radiotherapy, chemotherapy, grade three tumour, best chances etc etc, all came out.  Then from Amanda came 'alternatives'.  Me Dehalivi didn't really listen a great deal, and whilst I listened to Amanda present her case, he gave his thoughts regarding alternatives, I still gazed between the floor and end of the bed which Amanda sat on.  Up until now I'd said nothing, quite relaxed, laid back if anything.  I knew what Amanda's recourse would be, so I just listened.  Dehalvi started off with, 'well running the alternative alongside may help, it may do something, but these treatments aren't well established.'  Eventually, when he ended up at 'they don't work' that was it.  A firey spark landed in my belly, IGNITION, BOOOOM!  Apparently I sat forward, and raised my voice ever so slightly.  I remained very polite, but I wasn't willing to listen to 'they don't work'.  I got to work on Dehalvi, informing him, we were in contact with a handful of people who have been brave enough to follow the alternative healing path, and they had not only survived, but fully recovered, they had beaten cancer, I presented examples. 
He replied 'Yes, but for how many has this worked for?'..... I can't be bothered with the correct grammar here it will take too long!  Three people that we know of, doesn't sound like many, but it's only been a tiny window in time!  I told him the majority of cancer victims are 'Shit Scared' (Yep, I used ever so slightly foul language at the surgeon), absolutely petrified, and they take advice from their trusted surgeons and oncologists, the conventional healers, with their conventional treatments, as this is the only form of successful cure/life prolonging treatment they have ever been made aware of.  I stated if more people followed this route, who'd know where we'd actually be with cancer treatment.  Amanda told me to calm down... I was clearly heated, and, Amanda thought, a little aggressive, even though I wasn't.  Once Dehalvi's throat had been prised from my grip, we all cracked on.  Dehalvi had no answers with regards to my 'alternative' attack.  As Sally stated, once he'd left the room, 'He's a surgeon, he is always going to support conventional approaches.'  We didn't expect to hear anything else from him to be honest, and I'm sure the oncologist tomorrow will be the same.  Amanda apologised for my outburst, whilst I sat contently defending myself, smiling inwardly that just for a second, I'd lost it!  Ha ha!  Really I just wanted to show support for Amanda, especially as Dehalvi was not listening, he was just putting what he knows to be true from the conventional treatment forward, but then being ever so blinkered to the other side.  Saying that, I suppose, I have been like that over a lot of things in my life.  Especially being an A'level science student.... alternatives were indeed mental!  Now though, having opened my mind, having altered the angle of my blinkers, and read of successful cases, made myself more informed, I can't really argue, certainly not intelligently.  Anyone that does argue is simply demonstrating their ignorance in the field of alternative diet/nutrient based therapy. I'm sure 40 years ago, people scoffed that things such as big fried breakfasts, dripping in lard, could harm their heart, how could it harm their heart?  It went into their bellies!  They certainly scoffed in the face of cigarettes..... These things had been questioned then, but ignored.  God knows?!  Well he probably doesn't as he doesn't have a mind, as he doesn't really exist.  I'm not budging on that one!  I'd rather Mother Nature.
Sorry my love!  :-)  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Mark and Amanda,

    My husband Luke and I were faced with all the same issues in your post. Unfortunatley the medical profession in their environment have to recommend the same treatment for all. Basically its a 50 -50 between the way they are trained and the relationship with their medical rep from their favourite drug company. Money is a great motivator ... for some !

    Stats and more stats on my chances of recovery .... When we questioned how those so called stats would change based on diet and other non conventional treatments, no one could give us an answer ! Why, they don't want to know.

    I spoke to many oncologists and surgeons. Many didn't agree with my choice of non conventional treatments for recovery but did at least listen. I took time to find a consultant who I could trust and discuss all my thoughts. He also read the Bernie Siegal book (I gave it to him) I suggested to Amanda. Since this he has changed his way of practising as a consultant. It is only with consultants like him and people like yourselves who are not afraid to question and learn, that the medical profession move forward on their thinking to cancer. Most Drs I have spoken to since wouldn't treat themselves with Chemo ! Interesting, its okay for the frightened, ignorant patient but not their own !

    I know that I helped change the way one consultant practises. Over the last 9 years he will have met with 100's of women diagnosed with breast cancer. Conventional therapy works for many people, but equally if we are not willing to question and take control of our own recoveryand be entitled to make our own choices with our lives; we may aswell hand our life to the medical profession ! And become another statistic !
    Interesting most people who die of cancer die from liver failure not he cancer ! The poison from the chemo ......

    Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Yo he|He} estado {navegando|buscando} {en línea|en la red} {más de|por más de} {tres|3} horas {estos días|en estos días|hoy|últimamente|estos últimos días}, {sin embargo|pero} {no|por ningún motivo} {encuentro|hallo} ningún artículo tan {interesante|fascinante|deslumbrante} como el tuyo. {Vale|Representa|Importa} {lo suficiente|lo apropiado|lo justo} para mí. {En mi opinión|Personamente|Desde mi punto de vista}, si todos los {administradores de web|propietarios de sitios|propietarios de sitios web|propietarios de web} y bloggers hacen un {contenido|material de contenido} {suficientemente bueno|bueno|excelente} como {tú hiciste|tú probablemente hiciste}, {el internet|la red|la web} {sería|podría ser|sería probablemente|puede ser|probablemente sea} {mucho más|muchas veces más} {útil|de gran ayuda} que nunca. Psicologos Malaga Precios

    ReplyDelete