Friday 1 April 2011

Back to Banbury....

Tonight we allow ourselves to be tossed around on the Irish Sea in force 7 to 8 winds, oh what joy!
The past few days have been great.  Surrounded by our families, who have all offered great support for Amanda, and indeed myself. 
Amanda has taken advantage of the last few days, spending as much time with her Mum and sisters as possible.  Even though she does need her own space, I know she also feels
 that her family need to see her, for their own peace of mind.  Tesco's IOM has never experienced such large amounts volums of organic veg leaving the shop.  Steven and Tina's brand new juicer has experienced a year of usage in only 5 days!  Ha ha!  Thanks again guys, it was lovely of you to let us break her in! 
I have just purchased a twin press juicer online.... twin press translates too 'super expensive, heavy duty, live enzyme protecting, stainless steel power house juicing system!', but that title won't fit on the box.  At £759.00 this is an investment in life, a superb piece of kit!  I offered the company selling the juicer, my car as a straight swap, they agreed on the premise that £700 in crisp, new fifty pound notes was deposited in the glove box.  Nobody truly appreciates the intrinsic value of my motorised tackle box!  Only me..... strange.
The juicing beast arrives on Monday, I can't wait.  I'd like to thank Susie for lending us her juicer over the past weeks, so here goes, 'thanks so much for lending us your juicer for the past few weeks, it's proved to be an absolute work horse, it must have thoroughly enjoyed the past seven days of rest!'
Monday is exciting, it will be the beginning of 7-13 sessions of hard mastication each day..... sounds like fun at first I hear you say, but by the time I reach the forth session of the day, I expect my arm to be hanging off.... I would like to reiterate, 'mas-tic-a-tion', not whatever your filthy minds were thinking.  This is the grinding of vegetables (it's what our teeth do) in to a pulp, thus allowing the extraction of nutrients and enzymes from roots, leaves and stalks.  Standard centrifugal juicers, run at between 3600 and 600 rpm, heating and destroying live enzymes in the fruit and veg juicing process.  The juice is extracted out through the pulp via centrifugal force (akin to how washing machine removes water from your clothes on the spin cycle)  , then this juice flows out into the jug you have hopefully remembered to put in place underneath the spout. 
With the twin press system, the rpm is anywhere between 32rpm and 160rpm thus generating as little heat as possible.  This ensures preservation of the live enzymes in the veg.  The next step is the press.  The veg pulp is squeezed under immense hydraulic pressure, in an aim to get every last drop of that nutrient filled vegetable elixir, from root to belly!  Super stuff!  Due to the very high cost, or was it the low rpm, they are very quiet too, which is a bonus. Stealth midnight juicing to maintain the quota will no doubt be required.  Amanda's dreams will remain undisturbed, whilst 'The Angel 5500' gently vibrates juicing lullabies into her subconscious..

Amanda is STILL suffering alot of pain, and fatigue, which worries her beautiful little mind, especially in the early hours, when she is lying awake, wondering what the future holds.  She always tries to maintain a positive mindset, but even the strongest of us cannot escape the odd dark thought.  It's only natural.  Everyone worries, it's just even scarier when you've been diagnosed with 'c', then you begin to worry about every little ache or pain, or indeed anything that feels in the slightest way abnormal. 
Hopefully meeting with the surgeon and nurse next week will help to ease her mind again.
She was frightened last night, and wanted me to stay awake with her.  I did, but after almost three hours my eyes started to close, I'd wake with a start, asking if she was ok, pretending exhaustion hadn't caught up with me, though she knew.  I hoped she realised I hadn't chosen the sand man over remaining awake with her.  Sometimes the tiredness is just too much to bear.  She did sleep, but it was very broken again.

She was complaining about her GP and Westbar surgery not caring, and providing very little support.  The Doc came back with an email stating that she would be happy to support her what ever route she took, including providing blood tests whenever required.  This was good news.

Becca (Leo's wife) has once again been incredibly supportive, she has been like a ray of sunshine.  When the clouds have filled the sky, Becca's emails have quickly lit up the landscape once again.  Thanks so much.  I don't know what we'd do without your stories of positivity.  They really do help.

I'd  better get the suitcase packed, before Amanda gets back from her Mum's.  My Mum has loads of organic veg that we are bringing back!  Ha ha!  The suitcase has more food than clothes, and weighs a bloody tonne!

PS. Keep commenting, Amanda loves to see and hear from you all.

PPS. Thanks for the auction lots too, it's going to be a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Boydy. I can see why you've chosen the Angel 5500! I found this extract on a website! It almost sounds suggestive! I might get one myself :-D

    Twin Gear juicers with their triturating action, grind the fruit and vegetables down more thoroughly than any other kind of juicer, ejecting a fine, drier pulp with less colour remaining (proving more nutrients have gone in to the juice and not in the pulp). The Angel Juicer 5500 features a 3 stage extraction which first applies pressure to crush the produce and then grind the pulp so it is thoroughly ’chewed’. The tough cellulose fibres of vegetables and leafy greens are thoroughly broken down and important nutrients such as calcium are released into the juice.

    See what I mean?

    I can understand AJ's anxieties over every little ache and pain, I can honestly say it took me years to stop getting so anxious but staying strong and positive and having supportive people around you to keep you upbeat helps, Boydy you'll be good at that and I'm on call anytime :-D

    I do have one concern over the Gerson Therapy and I hope you don't mind me saying this but won't it give you wind :-D

    Good to hear you're back and we'll catch up soon.

    Lots of love the Prenno's x x x x and before you say it Boyd the kisses are for AJ, haha.

    ReplyDelete