Wednesday 20 April 2011

Penny Brohn Centre & The Journey Seminar

Amanda and Jane arrived back on Monday night after their 'Journey Experience'. They returned full of stories. They told me of other peoples Journey's, their fights against cancer and other illnesses, through various forms of meditation (mind and body healing). Out of the 150 or so folks at the seminar,
 about 20% were people with serious or terminal illnesses, the remainder being made up of various industry professionals, doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists etc.
Brandon Bays, the lady that pioneered 'The Journey', is currently working alongside various government institutions, and travelling the world to areas of natural disasters offering assistance to children and adults who have suffered trauma's brought on by their personal experiences and tradgedy they have witnessed. The Netherlands offer Brandon Bay's 'Journey' process as part of their 'NHS'. This lady certainly has credibility. Amanda & Jane spoke of how inspirational and wonderful she was. They spent much of the first day sobbing as they listened to the stories of others. Stories of peoples own achievements, successes, and losses.
It sounded like a very emotional, moving three days. I think they were both dehydrated due to excessive tear loss.

Having spoken with so many people down there, and how they fought their diseases has lead Amanda down an ever so slightly different path to recoverey. She still wants to follow the Gerson Therapy, but now realises that it need not be so regimented. The people she spoke with used varying approaches. Yes, a lot of raw foods were incorporated into their diets, many were now vegan or at least vegetarian, some ate fish, but the main thing was, the diets were super healthy. Many believed that 'The Journey' approach helped them more than anything. Through removing fear, anxiety or deep rooted emotional problems in their lives (not something I usually suffer, anxiety a little, due to certain work situations, more so stress I think.) they removed the excess of cortisol and adrenaline, proteins that fly around our bodies when we are not at ease. Our body then has to try and deal with these excesses, and sometimes it simply can't seem to cope.

Amanda and Jane will continue with these techniques, and I have no doubt this will assist them both greatly in their mental and physiological aspirations.
They both intend to attend another course in June.

We are currently at the Penny Brohn Centre (No juicer! But lots of healthy food to be had), the weather is fantastic, but for much of the time we are restricted to relaxation and meditation sessions, and chats about 'The Bristol Approach'. I find it really difficult to be in doors when the weather is so stunning. I'm also a little anxious due to work. I've got two mortgage cases on the go, and I need to be able to receive phone calls from the mortgage providers, which puts me in an awkward position of having to keep my phone on vibrate. Now a vibrating phone in a silent room, may as well be Big Ben chiming, and this happened this morning, during the first meditation session of the day. I skulked out as quietly as I could, took the call, which was not the one I was waiting for, returned silently, put my phone to silent and slipped back into meditation, as best as I could.
I told Amanda afterwards about my difficulties due to work, and now she is upset with me. I tried to explain without the income generated through work, we'd currently have nothing, and that I have to be able to take these calls at the current time. I know it's not ideal, but what can I do. I'm self employed, and I can't afford to lose clients. I have to offer a top drawer service. When people are trying to purchase a house, stress runs high, people are constantly worried until contracts have been signed. I spend my time trying to set their minds at ease, whilst currently, mine is under huge amounts of stress and worry. I'm not usually this way, it's just the situation of being at this 'sanctuary', this wonderful place of peace and quiet, a monastery of healing. Amanda is down the garden, 'being away from me'. Think she hates me right now, but I have to earn us some money. I have to be realistic. I feel a bit sad..... I always feel sad if Amanda is upset at me.

In half an hour the group is meeting with one of the founders, for 'An Introduction to The Bristol Approach'. Will let you know how it goes.

Hopefully the bloody Woolwich won't phone in the middle of it!
Enjoy the sun x

2 comments:

  1. Had I read this post earlier I would have called :-) Good luck with the Bristol Approach. Don't worry Amanda it wont be as terrifying as the Boyd Approach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark your doing a wonderful job so supportive.
    Staying on top of the practical issues of generating cash is always a bind when faced with the big issues that really matter. Keep it going mate. She loves you, you know that. m x

    ReplyDelete