Saturday 9 April 2011

Beautiful warm sunshine.....

This rather balmy April weather makes everything wonderful.  Every decision is bathed in glorious vitamin D filled sunshine, simply superb.  Over the past few days Amanda has busied herself with further reading, about the Gerson Therapy, and the majority of cooking. She has been doing her exercises regularly, trying to get her arm back to normal.  Me? I've been up to my eyeballs this week with work, food shopping, juicing dishwashing.
Super healthy alfresco dining has been the order of the week, anything you can do indoors is so much better if it can be enjoyed outdoors. 
The new Angel Juicer is amaaaaaaaaaaazing,  (though it does struggle with the wings, halos and flowing hair!).  It manages to grind every last drop of juice from any vegetable we throw in it's masticating path.  It also looks rather fantastic, which is a bonus.  It's also much easier to clean than the centrifugal fruit juicers which when you are cleaning it between eight and ten times a day is a real another massive bonus.  The main problem I've encountered with this particular juicer, is the fact that it does actually require cleaning! 

I did forget to mention on Wednesday's post, about the chemotherapy meeting, that the version they offered Amanda was called FEC.  Now, my Mum's side of the family is irish, and anyone who has ever watched 'Father Ted' or indeed been to Southern Ireland, will have heard this terminology on a fairly regular basis.  It's a little irish substitute for the very similar sounding f#$k.  It is commonly used due to it's more pleasing  and acceptable sound to the ears.  After Dr Levitt, had sat there, saying FEC this, FEC that, for a good solid two minutes, even though this was an extremely serious conversation, my sides were at the point of splitting.  My breathing had to become so shallow, to control the impending explosion of laughter, I had the choice of fainting or roaring with laughter.  It was so  inappropriate, but I couldn't get it out of my head. FEC this FEC that, FEC OFF!!! Your about to make me p*ss myself laughing, how embarrassing will this be.  When she finished up with FEC-T (FEC with a twist), an image of a cancer rapping stereotypical street hood appeared in my head, he looked toughed, but rapped about chemo.... weird, and in my mind this didn't help stave off the laughter.
When Doc Levitt finished FEC'ing, I commented on the name of treatment, to assist in diffusing the intesity of what was building up inside.  She did giggle, and commented on the poor choice of letter configuration for this treatment.  I then informed her that the previous two minutes were verging on the unbearably for me, it felt better to get it out there and be honest.  Aaaaaaah, what a relief.  Dr Levitt by now, must have wondered what she'd come up against.  'Alternative Amanda' and 'Dark Mark'. 
Amanda had already FEC'ed the idea of chemotherapy off, and instead of FEC-T she was having organic green t.  This is how she rolls!
Dr Levitt has also put us in touch with one of her previous patients, she contacted us by email yesterday, we will be chatting with her next week.  She sounds like another wonderful lady.

Tomorrow is the meeting with 'The Gerson Practitioner', he has a cat and a wife.  Bye x
PS.  He lives in Melton Mowbray, I thought this was comedically ironic too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment