Friday 11 March 2011

11th March....

This morning I woke with a slight head ache and grogginess, I thought nothing of it until I looked down at my chest, to see nail and teeth marks around  my right nipple.... Hmmmmmm.  Lucy's duct tape idea may well prove to be my best option.... for now!
Amanda is still very sad about the entire event,
and we don't expect this cloud of sadness to lift in a few days, this was afterall, a huge event in her life.  Every now and again when she reads a comment on the blog I get to see her smile or giggle, this lights up her face, and brings joy to my heart.  The sunshine is still there, it's just hidden behind the clouds for the time being, every now again there is a break, and those times are an absolute gift.
It's silly, but even after and during what is currently happening, we can still manage to bicker over such silly things as food preparation, or me and my 'organic veg comments'..... I don't mean to say stupid things, I just manage to put my foot in my mouth on a regular basis, if only I was a size 15, that would probably do a better job than the size 10 does, of muffling the sh*%e that comes out from time to time.  I am learning.... and sometimes it's easier to just agree, even if 'I think I'm right'.... I may not be.... Though I may well be..... Though I may not be.... It is never usually important enough to bicker over. 
Quinoa-gate (Quinoa, is a grain that requires being brought to the boil, then simmered for 15 minutes, then left to sit, bit like cous cous) yesterday was one of these stupid disagreements.... I won't go into it, as it was stupid, and embarrassing for both parties..... Suffice to say, after not speaking for a couple of hours, and sadness levels increasing, we kissed and made up.... It's rubbish when you fall out with your most cherished at the best of times.
Amanda is still suffering alot of pain, which means a painkiller break between 3am and 4am, this is when the pain generally wakes her. 
The dressing gets changed at the Dr's this afternoon.
We are off out to find a couple of good organic veg suppliers, I reckon we can get commercial rates the amount we intend going through!

7 comments:

  1. after reading about your amazingly healing diet im now feeling guilty about the chichen pie i had for lunch(well 1030 actually after the pool) and the kitkat and salt and vinigar crisps i have just had !! oops will try harder tomorrow ,love to you both ,from your not so healthy eating pal lynne xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys,
    Quinoa gate sounds like every day in our house...anyway thought I would share a story (true) about a friend who had a mastectomy some years ago. Brenda having endured surgery found that the dreadful hospital food was just the final straw and sent John off to the local Tesco to get her some lovely fresh fruit. He went off dutifully and returned a while later looking pleased with himself. John is rather frugal and does like a bargain but when he presented his offering to Brenda she did not share his enthusiasm. As he offered her the lovely pair of melons he could not understand why Brenda was so upset with him. He tried to explain that he thought melon was her favourite fruit and he had thought it a stroke of luck that they were buy one get one free. Moral of the story - don't take a pair of melons as a gift to your wife when she has just had a mastectomy.
    Hope all went well at the docs. Lots of love Donna xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... Poor John. Mark didnt buy me two melons but he did buy me two mango's, which come to think about it were about the same size as my breasts - or rather breast :( Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get a great organic box at work delivered to us from an NT farm up the road at a reasonable rate... when the next delivery comes will bring it up to Banbury or pass it on with Stu at the next fishing trip.

    Also, that holiday cottage offer is there whenever you guys want a break, sounds like you might need it with all that food prep- providing Amanda doesn't mind calling herself Holly Wright for a weekend :) - or you can always try and pass that one off Mark?

    Lots love to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have had Abel and Cole organic veg boxes on and off over the last 12 years, Kath and I have written for them 2. I have a buy 3 get one free promo offer with them at mo, take a look at their website. Text me if you are up to a conversation, I would SO love to hear yr voice, even if it's only a brief chat. xx
    PS My chicken fillets are not organic, hope that is ok? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, that sounds awesome!
    Amanda's voice is still working, and is lovely as ever, screaming demands, specifying food size and content, it's perfect! Ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so very very much for your lovely offerings and support. Sorry I'm not very talkative right now, but then that's not really anything new... I'm general pretty quiet unless I have a bee in my bonnet about something - like the queer texture of unwashed starchy quinoa :)What can I say, I'm just not in the mood for chit chat right now. But please know that I appreciate you friendship and love you all tons x x x PS. if you need help or support from me, feel free to ask or call. I can do helping and listening just fine. Im just not ready to talk or be listened to just yet. I guess because I havent yet concluded how I feel about it all this and so I find it difficult to discussmy thoughts with others. Thankfully, I can write so I wont explode and I think that once my pain is reduced and I,m sleeping better I,ll be happier to chat - Thanks for understanding or perhaps not! x x x

    ReplyDelete