Tuesday 8 March 2011

12.18am - Just Home....

Firstly, before I forget, again, Amanda asked anyone reading to become a follower, so we know that everyone is updated, and we don't have to worry that our friends are worrying and stressing because they have not heard from us.  I was meant to say that yesterday, and got told off for not doing so! 

I have just read all the heart warming comments, many, many thanks.  The love for my wife is tremendous, and I love that you all love her so much.  She is truly brilliant, brave and wonderful.
Her mindset this evening, once over the G.A. has been amazing.  She is in a lot of pain though.  She tried to take the leafy stalk from a strawberry and yelped,
she found all this incredibly frustrating.  Getting up to go to the loo was a non starter too.  So I was there to help a hand..... Only for wees mind you!  She has a drain in under her armpit, which she obviously hates too, and frets about it catching on something, or falling out etc. etc.  She gorged on the vegan platter I presented tonight, which was good to see, a healthy appetite will get her back to full strength in no time.  As each hour passed, she needed a little more stroking, firstly of the head, then the face, then finally I was sent down to the feet..... this was the finale, and this is also standard 'Healthy Amanda' behaviour too. 

This afternoon, when I'd finally found out she was safe, I went back to her room and waited, and waited,  and waited.  She was delivered back to me sometime after 6pm.... It had felt like a life time.

Unsuprisingly there are some very confused folks in hospitals, and the tend to be on the elderly side.  Whilst I awaited Amanda's return, an elderly lady wobbled her way unsteadily into the room, 'Is this the police station?' she enquired, 'No, I'm sorry, it's not.' I gently replied.  'I'm looking for Marcus.' she said.  That was pretty close, but still, no cigar.  'No Marcus here I'm afraid'.  She apologised and wobbled full circle out of the room.  I put down my truncheon, took off my police hat, and sat back down.  Poor old dear.

Amanda will love reading all your supportive messages, and she may even post tomorrow, who knows.  But she wanted you all to know, she is doing well, and will see you when she gets out.  'I don't want any visitors' was the last thing I heard.  Sorry folks.  You know what she's like!

The Doozers (anyone remember 'Fraggle Rock'?  Probably not)  from next door (lovely neighbours actually, that would do anything for you, at anytime of day or night it seems) delivered some beautiful flowers today, to make up for the midnight hour construction work from the previous night.  Very sweet of them.  Thankyou Doozers.

Going to bed.  Shattered.  Amanda is brilliant x

PS.  There may be mistakes, but I'm too tired to check..... Make the wurds phit, and be flexable with the spelllling and grammar on this one.  Cheers me' lovelies!

5 comments:

  1. So very glad to hear Amanda is well, I'm sure she'll be back to her usual antics in no time at all, especially with you to take care of her, when she'll let you that is hehe.
    Thinking of you both, and wishing Amanda a swift recovery, because we all know how much she simply "loves" being stuck indoors for any extended duration, Lotsa love =] xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Meredith8 March 2011 at 09:49

    I have been reading your blog over the last few days and have wanted to comment but not been able to find the words to express all the feelings that are evoked.
    I am so glad that the ”op” has all gone well and there were no waking experiences.....imagine that, waking up mid op to someone feeling up your boob – LOL ( sorry, seriously bad joke !!)
    Thought about you all day yesterday, as I have every day, and was just so relieved to read Mark’s post to say you were back with him and all was well. For a little lady you are a seriously tough cookie, so proud and humbled by your strength and courage.
    I was coming home from Brownies last night and the Bruno Mars song came on the radio “Girl Your Amazing” – and I could not agree more  You have an inner light that just exudes warmth, and draws people to you. It is no surprise that there is an avalanche of love and admiration oozing through the pages of this blog (mine included). You have both remained so open and sharing which has been truly amazing.....it has helped us all to be kept up to date with where you are physically, emotionally and spirituality, without feeling that we are intruding on your personal space. When someone you care about is suffering and there is nothing you can do the feeling of wanting to do something often leads to us creating more stress by our need to express our love and concern. This blog is amazing as it keeps us all with you whilst giving you the space you both need.
    I believe that “God” (for want of a better word) is within ourselves and we can all tap into this inner power, I know that this and the wealth of love and strength that surrounds you will get you through the days ahead. Oh and Mark’s culinary skills may help too........ If you are passing Mark, that soup sounds yummy 
    Sending you huge hugs and loads of love
    Donna
    xxxx
    P.S Erin sends her love and say’s “ Get Well Soon – her fringe needs you !!”  xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do when this blog is over?! It's awesome! We've had the sexy and fearless heroine, a lovable loyal rogue, the evil boob, religion, faith, culinary delights and now the Fraggle's! Sod Neighbors, I'm logging onto mywifeslump an 1.50 every lunch instead.

    Keep it coming. I don't want to spoil the plot but I foresee the heroine recovering re-MARK-ably, getting back to her passionate stubborn self, rescuing a few fringes and taking the rogue off on an adventure of a lifetime! Which will inevitably involve fishing at some point :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi guys,so glad everything went well ,thinking of you all the time,think i lost my previous comments you know me and technology!
    you have inspired so many people and have unkowingly done so much for breast cancer awareness ,im sure everyone reading this has checked themselves and will continue to ! love and hugs to you both,Lynne XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, glad the op went well, This blog has been well and truly inspiring, you are very lucky to have each other, so proud of the way you have dealt with everything that has been thrown at you, and so many good friends that all wish you a full and speedy recovery, love you both and look forward to seeing you on the mend!! xxxx love mel and paul xxxxx

    ReplyDelete